Restore and Rebuild after Cancer
Julee Jones is certified as a Cancer Exercise Specialist through The Cancer Exercise Training Institute, which provides health and fitness professionals with comprehensive coursework on twenty-five types of cancer, their surgeries and treatments, breast reconstruction, upper and lower body lymphedema prevention, identification and management, cancer pain and fatigue, and comprehensive fitness evaluations including postural assessment and goniometry.
Julee is a steadfast believer that the restoration and strength rebuilding Pilates offers can offer valuable benefits to cancer patients. Oncologists frequently encourage patients to exercise during and after chemotherapy in order to keep the body's natural immune system vital and strong
Julee offers one on one consultations to help craft a unique and custom Pilates program for anyone who is currently undergoing or recovering from cancer therapy. Contact her here to discuss how this works and any questions you may have.
Pilates Benefits During and After Cancer
• Improved treatment tolerance
• Return to or exceed your prior level of fitness
• Increase strength, flexibility & range of motion
• Lose weight & improve body composition
• Increase energy and stamina
• Prevent and manage lymphedema
• Minimize the risk for osteoporosis, diabetes, and other cancers
• Reduce pain
• Improve postural deviations that can lead to pain and joint deterioration
The Pilates Place offers specialized, one-on-one exercise sessions to help cancer patients and survivors build strength and wellness.